Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Free Water If They Want?


They gave me free water today at McDonald's Nguyễn Huệ (MD) on đường Nguyễn Huệ (Inside Saigon; HCM) to go with the 20k VND orange juice I bought. They said some MD stores have free water and some do not.
.
Free water is more like a promotional thing or attraction. In some countries or places, some businesses may be legally required (by law) to give customers some water. Some places may require customers to bring their own cups. I'm not sure what the laws are in Vietnam, but this MD gave me water today, the 26th of May 2016. Basically, if they want to, they can. For decades, internationally, MD stores have given free water to customers. I got free water for the past few months at different MD stores in Ho Chi Minh City (HCM), Vietnam (VN). Yesterday, a MD store (McDonald's Bưu Điện) on Đường Bùi Viện, near Diamond Plaza, Notre Dame, & the post office, said they no longer give free water. After that, I spammed the internet about this disaster. People began to call me crazy because it seems that I care so much about something that does not matter. I want everybody to know that I don't really care if the water is free. I care about other things that lie underneath the simple things in life.
.
I wanted the MD Bùi Viện yesterday to say the right words that I would accept. Maybe, I'm too much like Simon Cowell, as in too critical, judgemental, particular, about certain details. Personally, I apologize for coming across as bad or whatever. Does the ends justify the means? Should we allow bad things because it will end up being a good thing in the end? The answer should be no. But I really wanted MD yesterday to simply say they don't want to give people free water now. But, it seems that they were saying they are not allowed to because of health, safety, and other concerns, perhaps. They said they have a new policy yesterday. That may or may not be true. I don't know everything. But I like what a manager said today. She said the magic words that satisfied my crazy brain. People can do what they want.
.
I'm just asking people to think a little bit more in order to make better decisions for the sake of their own humanity and that of the world as well. We are making the world better with one decision at a time. That is how the world improves. No matter how small a decision is, it matters much more than we can ever imagine.
.
Joey Arnold Oatmeal 2016-05-26 Thu 1 PM MDNH HCM
Email: JoeyArnoldVN@Gmail.com
Phone: 0168-478-5542
Comments
Joey Arnold
Write a comment...










No comments:

Post a Comment