Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Saigon Balo Backpacking Hostel: 203 Pham Ngu Lao, Q.1, TP.HCM

"We go or he goes," said several European dorm-mates about me this morning after hearing me vomit (throw up) in the bathroom around 8 AM while they were sleeping instead of getting free breakfast on the rooftop which that Saigon Backpacker's Hostel provides there on 203 Pham Ngu Lao Street in District One of Saigon. I was also using my laptop for a few minutes around that time as well. They said that I didn't clean up the toilet, but I did.
.
They told me I had to leave because my bed was booked (reserved). I was still booking it myself, actually. When I went to check-out (leave that hotel), that female staff told me they complained about me. I asked her "What if I complained about them?" Please try to follow my logic. I try to stay logical. Try to imagine having two guests in a dormitory. They both paid money but if they both complain about each other & both get kicked out then that hotel would get no money from them (1 - 1 = 0). We submit to money and to complaint mentality. We listen to complaints more than truth. We try very hard to please family, spouses, teachers, bosses, customers, neighbors, strangers, friends, parents, enemies. In doing so, we compromise/decline from eternal & absolute character & integrity defining morality. It's a dangerous position to accelerate in. It is a deadly momentum shift/slope/cliff & a poison that betrays our own human nature of who we are and what we aspire to be.
.
I was vomiting after drinking champagne/beer the night before with three of my students at a bar nearby. They invited me & I drank maybe less then ten glasses or cups. We had some delicious rice, noodles, & meat, but also some seafood that I dislike. Happy Teacher's Day on Saturday. Today is still the 18th, that is Wednesday. I was drinking Tuesday night. But I usually don't drink like my father whom I admire for his basketball, comedy, patience, wit, brains, humility, care, meekness, integrity, love, hope, joy, strength, wisdom, skills, speed, perseverance, money, meatloaf, ice-cream, heart beat, family, Woof, ancestors, & work ethics. But I don't want to copy and imitate the mistakes & bad things of my dad, like that of verbal abuse & moral compromise & other questionable idolatry and demise. I don't like feeling sick from drinking beer and I do not need beer to help me relax. People drink to get in touch with their inner-child which I already know pretty well. People open up more when they are intoxicated (drunk). But I'm already there. When I drink, I maintain control of my body, but I was hitting my head in order to maintain that control. I kept control of my body & refused to change my behavior to act like a drunk loon. I believe in being who I was born & destined to be through & by my own spirit rather than the spirits of wine.
2015-11-18 Wed 11:46 PM Anh Coffee: Q.1, TP.HCM
Mr. Chau (Mark): 0167-253-7970
Ms. Tien Nguyen: 090-855-6131
Joey Arnold: 0168-478-5542

No comments:

Post a Comment