Wednesday, June 11, 2014

my story in Vietnam

I was born in America in 1985. A school (New Star) asked me to come to Bac Ninh, Vietnam in 2012. Promised me $1,000/month. Said that teaching certificates are not required. I taught English there for 5 days. Via a Google Translated email, the non-English-speaking director fired me.

.

He said that my English is bad, that I have no teaching methods, that I do not know how to teach, that people hate me, and that I'm just a tutor. I asked him, "How can you judge my English skills when you lack English fluency yourself?" He never responded to that question. After, I taught at Papa Foods, Hanoi, Hoa Binh, Tan Hoa, and then in HCM starting at 2013, February 10th, Sunday.

.

I am still teaching English. However, it can be tough at times. Too often, people make excuses via blaming teachers for their own short-comings. I want to say many things about this. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment