Thursday, January 28, 2016

Compensate...

But... my desire to over-share comes from an insecure need to compensate or to ground myself & to study the world.
.
I share my weaknesses with others in order to appear more transparent, honest, real, so others can relate to me more. I don't want to appear too fake.
.
I also compensate by turning my life into a soap opera because I don't play one on TV. I'm sort of like a drama queen. I want to people to learn lessons from my life like people learned from episodes of Full House (which I'm binging or binge watching now).
.
Sometimes, I scare people away from me.
.
But I can find out who my real friends are that way. I sort of have that habit of filtering people away through the things I do in my life for better and for worse, purposely and sometimes accidentally.
.
But, as I get older, I do some of this less. I've been changing a little bit each year.
.
Less is more & better. That is true. Quality over quantity.
.
I lived with Dad in 2011 & 2012 & that was not a problem, emotionally speaking. I was able to get to know him more. I understand him. I look like him. I can learn from his strengths & weaknesses. He will always be part of who I am. I came from & appreciate the good and the bad, the ying and yang of that.
.
Living with Dad is not a problem. Living with Dad is good for me.
.
But it may not be what is best & that is part of the reason why I went to Vietnam.
.
Long story short, I somehow ended up living back at home with Dad in 2011.
.
I don't know if that was a mistake, but I do know that happened, like most things in my life.
.
I can't always say which things are mistakes or what. But regardless, good things came from my time with Dad for those 2 years before Vietnam.
.
Oprah could have stayed on NBC. Seinfeld could have continued. But it was time for them to move on to better things.
.
It may have been time for me to move on to better things.
.
Maybe, I could buy a house in Forest Grove. But I would first move back in with Dad as a step towards that. I could live the rest of my life in my hometown.
.
What can I focus on in my life?
.
I can do a little bit of construction. I'm not sure how much or how long I could endure physical labor jobs, the kinds of jobs that Dad does.
.
Yes, I want to make educational entertainment, via videos, blogs, & so on.
.
I think I should simply find some kind of day job. I can try my best to make money, live a simple life, & find ways to find time for my hobbies....
.
2016-01-29 Fri 2 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment