Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Return to USA? Homesick? No, VietnamSick

Will you return to your country for the Lunar New Year? No, because we don't celebrate that holiday. People ask me this question all of the time. Do you miss your family? Yes. Will you go back? Yes, maybe, but Vietnam is my family as well. Are you homesick? Yes, but if I travel back to the America, then I'll be Vietnam-Sick. I like Vietnam. I moved to Vietnam in the year of 2012
.
I've dreamt of world travel since the age of eight, to help, act, sing, teach, dance, volunteer, educate, entertain, inspire, aid, learn, explore, live, love, experience, & encourage people all around the world. Now, I'm 30 years old & have been living in Vietnam for over three years now. What are your dreams? What are your goals? I want to help people. More specifically, that is what I do and that is what I continue to try my best to do more of. I was born in the United States in 1985 in Oregon. Why don't you live there now? Because I want to give back to society. I want to contribute all that I am and have from America to and for people of other countries. That is what I do. I help people who are trying to live in America. How do you help people move to the USA? I teach English which helps people pass immigration interviews, obtain educational scholarships, & prepare for employment endeavours. I help people pursue their dreams & careers through developing life skills. I'm full of passion, not anger. I'm not an expert at anything really, but I try my best to share my skills, knowledge, charisma, gifts, & experience with others. Some of my hobbies includes basketball, writing, reading, speaking, listening, sports, video games, computers, technology, acting, filming, directing, art, design, singing, dancing, thinking, debating, board games, movies, comedy, joking, bikes, questions, mysteries, learning, having fun, ice-cream, oatmeal, Jesus, character development, telling stories, Batman, piano, guitar, making up things, cartoons, Star Wars, Turtles, Rangers....
.
Why don't you work at an English Center? Because I'm trying to create my own language school. I've worked at schools & other places before in the north of Vietnam & also in Saigon as well. I've been teaching, counselling, & working with people (like children, especially), since the year of 2003. I have years of experience. I studied it in school as well. Sometimes, I disagree with how some schools teach English. Some schools are more focused on more traditional methods of learning which proves to be mainly ineffective. They focus on keeping students coming back. They milk-out lessons & raise tuition while diminishing actual uninterrupted time with real native English speakers & foreigners. They focus on grammar more than communication & pronunciation, which is a problem. I work & volunteer at a center or classroom now & I'm doing other things as well
.
Joey Arnold
2015-12-10 Thursday, 11 AM: Anh Coffee: Q.1, TP.HCM
Tel: 0168-478-5542

No comments:

Post a Comment