Thursday, December 31, 2015

TEACH AT NOT FOR COFFEE SHOPS....

MAN: what do you do? What is your job, your work?
TEACHER: I'm an English Teacher in HCM.
MAN: which school do you teach at?
TEACHER: I teach at coffee shops & at parks.
MAN: you work at coffee shops? They employ you?
TEACHER: no, I do not work for the coffee shops.
MAN: I'm confused. I thought you said you work there.
TEACHER: yes, I work at (not for) coffee shops.
MAN: oh, you are only a private tutor?
TEACHER: I'm actually better than some "REAL" teachers.
MAN: why don't you teach at VUS or other English Centers?
TEACHER: because they're "MAINLY" focus on making money.
MAN: but don't you love money? Because I love money.
TEACHER: no, I care more about helping people.
MAN: but money can help you help others.
TEACHER: not if you don't have any time to help others.
MAN: money can help you help people and stuff.
TEACHER: yes but the love of money destroys us all.
MAN: so, are you an English teaching volunteer, right?
TEACHER: no, I'm an American English Teacher in Vietnam.
MAN: no, you are not a teacher. You've lost your marbles.
TEACHER: well, at least I had some (unlike some people)....
.
2016-01-01 Fri 12 PM AC 47THD Q1 HCM.
TEL: 0168-478-5542
Joey Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment