Tuesday, May 24, 2016

McWater 01?






https://www.facebook.com/groups/expatshcmc/permalink/10153492177326555/?comment_id=10153492210166555&notif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1464153213786576





I was refused free water at McDonald's in Saigon today after buying a meal. I use to get free water. Cafes give customers free water or tea. It's healthier. It's better to give them water. Do you agree?
.
They may have changed their policies in Vietnam. But, they should have had this "No Free Water" policy before launching McDonald's Vietnam. They had plenty of time to plan ahead. Changing policies for everybody, or just for me, is their right, but it may not be the best idea. My concern is about how professional they may or may not be as an international franchise. I would not hold a small local business to the same level, the same standards. Maybe, they're only refusing me free water (Ly Nuoc Mien Phi). This thing is not a big deal. But it may be a bad habit that may grow like cancer.
.
My question is not about me. I'm not asking if I should "TRY" to steal and borrow and take and accept and allow and tolerate hand-outs or hand-ups or gifts or presents and other free things. Of course, I should not try to just steal. It is better to give than to receive.
.
But my question is more about them and about whether it is ok to change policies randomly and to be too inconvenient or too unprofessional or too random or too unpredictable or too inconvenient or too unethical or too immoral or too unfair or too crazy or too dishonest or other things that may or may not be a little bad or very bad or not in the best interest of the customers and the relationships between McDonald's and their customers.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Comments
Scott Gelsthorpe
Scott Gelsthorpe You neglected to say you bought the meal last week and were still sponging free cups of water from them Joey.
Like · Reply · 5 · 37 mins
Ryan Reeves
Ryan Reeves he's back! hold the door joey.
Like · Reply · 4 · 21 mins · Edited
Aaron Bean
Aaron Bean damn that's a layered joke
Like · Reply · 9 mins
David Duke
Write a reply...

Tom McDonnell
Tom McDonnell McDonalds no free water policy is a disgrace and the reason I am leaving Vietnam.
Like · Reply · 2 · 5 mins
Steve Gross
Steve Gross Stop eating there, there are literally a million other choices... why would you choose to support a disgusting money grubbing corporation instead of local restaurant?
Like · Reply · 2 mins




























No comments:

Post a Comment